Thursday 1 August 2013

Playroom Door Hanger

Nap time = mummy time. I should be doing the dishes, or washing or one of the many other  household chores that await me, but the lure of crafting has distracted me. I've just been sharing a few of my makes on MSE so thought I ought to share on here too.

This a door hanger I made and auctioned off on my facebook page JJ Jewellery and Crafts. The auction was for CLAPA - Cleft Lip and Palate Association. My little boy was born with a cleft lip and palate which was diagnosed at our 20week scan. CLAPA were a fantastic support - I will undoubtedly talk more about them in later posts.

It was made by spray painting an MDF hanger (bought from ebay) in red, and decorating using my white uni posca paint pen. I used a broad nib for the 'warning' writing and some of the dots, and a medium nib for the rest of the writing. The monkey embellishment was bought from hobbycraft for about 80p (if I remember rightly).


No comments:

Post a Comment