Tuesday 13 August 2013

Day trip, crafty buys and kind words...

I took my mum and granny out on a day trip to Llandudno today with the boys.



For those who haven't been before its a lovely little place on the north wales coastline with an abundance of things to do. There's the beach and promenade, the town centre, the Great Orme tramline and the welsh mountain zoo a stones throw away. We went for..... The craft shop!! 

Tucked away amongst a road full of cheap, seaside-shops is the most amazing craft clearance shop! They've got stacks of fab bits at really really cheap prices. I think I spent about £12 and got this whole pile of goodie:



I even picked these 12x12 Dovecraft Christmas papers up for £1 each!!! Bargain!



I could easily have bought more, but the kids were playing up so I had to be quick. The shop is in the process of developing its websites I when it's up and running I'll post a link.

Despite these bargains the best part of the day was something a stranger said to me. Something which I (do actually) realise every day..... 

I was waiting outside Marks and Spencer's for mum and granny and a man came over and smiled at the boys. He asked how old they are and said how lovely they seemed. There was one or two other small comments made before I spotted my mum, but just before he walked off he told me "you're very wealthy!". I knew instantly he didn't mean financially. He was referring to my boys and their worth. "I am," I replied walking off, "I am VERY wealthy".

No comments:

Post a Comment